Sympathy Card

Sympathy cards are usually the hardest cards for me to make.  I usually don't keep any on hand and feel pressured whenever I need to make one...creativity just doesn't flow after I receive bad news.  

I try to use very little black or dark colors on these type of cards.  I also try not to make them too vibrant or too dreary.  This is a card I made for my dear friend Sandra who recently lost her grandmother.   


Embossed the sentiment and used Ranger's Enamel Accents in white to enhance the white dots that were already printed on the patterned paper.

Used black pop dots to adhere the patterned paper to the card base.


3 comments:

  1. This card is just beautiful. The patterned paper is gorgeous and I love your design. Very elegant. I'm a new follower...Momo sent me! I'd love for you to stop by my blog as well (and you can enter to win a Cricut cartridge :)

    http://indymermaid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my your cards are beautiful! I'm glad to now follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pleased to follow you ....your cards are classy and elegant .... I have Rangers white enamel and the black too.... going to retrieve them from the deep dark drawer they are lurking in !!
    Best wishes from the UK ....E xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...